Because we spend approximately 1/3 of our lives sleeping, you would think we would be experts on the subject ;).
Test your knowledge with our fun and fascinating sleep facts.
1. Somniphobia is the fear of sleep.
2. Koala’s spend up to 22 hours a night (well, day and night) sleeping, while giraffes need as little as 30min to 1.5 hours of sleep in a 24 hour period.
3. The record for the longest period without sleep is 11 days. A California student named Randy Gardner set this record in 1964 during an experiment. It is not recommended to attempt to break his record as ‘risk of death’ becomes a serious side effect of extreme sleep deprivation.
4. Talking in your sleep is very common. For deaf people, it is common for them to use sign language in their sleep.
5. Humans are the only mammals that intentionally delay sleep.
6. Sleep is as important to your health as diet and exercise.
Original Article : 18 FASCINATING FACTS ABOUT SLEEP
By: Nap Queen